Questions to ask to ensure that you are getting a qualified appraiser to appraise your daily driver car, vintage car, truck, motorcycle, motor home, trailer, light or heavy equipment or other specialty vehicle;
- We are!
- We are licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Revenue.
- We are accredited by the Canadian Personal Property Appraisers Group (CPPAG).
- We are trained in providing Professional Personal Property Appraisals specializing in motor vehicles.
- We are also recognized by the Ministry of Transportation for the VIN Verification Program.
- We have the certificates available for viewing at our offices if you would like to see them.
Are they a member in good standing of a Professional Appraisal Association and do they know and agree to abide by their Professional Code of Ethics and Professional Standards?
- We are!
- This is important to know if the person you are hiring is a Full Time Professional appraiser or a part timer/fly-by-nighter whose reports may not hold up under questioning.
- Our appraisers are trained professionals; many appraisers have not taken the appropriate certification courses.
- Our appraisers know the CPPAG Code of Ethics and agree to adhere to these guidelines.
- We have seen many reports that have a disclaimer on them similar to this one:
Quoted from another appraisal website- “This appraisal was the opinion of the appraiser. We are not responsible for any financial or other type of loss or hardship. All information is believed to be true for current market values wholesale and retail.”
- Our local phone number is 905-544-0149 in Hamilton, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, Ancaster, and Dundas.
- Our toll free phone number is 1-866-544-4040 for Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, and Brantford.
- Our fax line is 905-544-7258.
Do they have actual names, addresses, and phone numbers of references that you can see to verify that they are accepted by insurance companies, the Ministry of Revenue and other past clients?
- We have references available upon request at our office
- Automotive Evolutions is recognized and recommended by many auto Insurance Companies, the Ontario Ministry of Finance, legal professionals and most importantly by our customers as their first choice for car and truck appraisals.
- Automotive Evolutions can appraise your Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Motor Home, Vintage Vehicle, Street Rod, Custom car and truck of any year. Vintage Vehicles, Low riders, Sport Compacts, Muscle cars and special interest vehicles of any year are our specialty.
- If is has wheels, we can appraise it – please ask for applications not listed!
- We are our clients’ first choice for car appraisals in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Stoney Creek, Ancaster, Dundas, Grimsby and Southern Ontario, Canada.
- Our car appraiser will consult with the owner of the vehicle and view the vehicle for approximately one to three hours.
- Our auto appraiser will complete visual external inspection of the car, truck or motorcycle. He will appraise the condition of the body, the frame, the interior, the paint, the exterior, the chassis, engine and transmission.
- The exterior inspection includes examining the fenders, hood, trunk, doors, bumpers, roof, floors, frame and paint quality.
- All glass, chrome trim parts, rubber seals, mirrors, handles, lighting, wiring and batteries are inspected.
- Mechanical items like tires, rims, mufflers, engines, transmissions, gas tanks, brakes and suspension are visually inspected whenever possible.
- The interior inspection includes the seat upholstery, the carpeting, the headliner, the door panels, radio, dash, and steering wheel.
- If the vehicle is a convertible, our appraiser will inspect the top skin, the top padding, the headliner, the convertible top frame and top mechanism.
- If the vehicle is a motorcycle, the appraiser will look at motorcycle only components like the handlebars, frame, seat, gas tank, front and rear suspension and more.
- Our car appraiser will note vehicle options, for example; power window, power locks, sunroof, power brakes, power seats, cruise control, air conditioning, heated seats, gauges, alarm, GPS, remote car starter and more.
- Our car appraiser will not dismantle your car or truck or do any mechanical work on it.
- Automotive Evolutions guarantees to stand behind each and every one of our evaluation reports 100%!
- Automotive Evolutions will refund 100% of the cost of the appraisal if our appraisal is not accepted by your insurance company, the Ministry of Finance, your bank, or your legal professionals.